Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 21, 2004, 8:36 AM   #1

Hi all - I'm new to the forum but have learned a ton from all of you regarding the FZ10. I had my purchase of a new camera narrowed down to the FZ10 or the Konica Minolta A2, but with the release of the new FZ20, I am in a quandary about whenther to go with the A2 or wait until "late Summer" for the new Panasonics.

I did photography in college, but laid it aside as the costs for developing increased. This will give me a entry back into a hobby that I really loved!

I know this is probably a biased crowd, but given the specs, would you choose:

1. The FZ10 or the A2?

2. Wait for the FZ20 or buy the A@?

Thanks for your opinions!

ke72jak is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 21, 2004, 10:28 AM   #2

The FZ20 looks a fine camera on paper

The 12x OIS lens is superb. Color rendition looks great. But the jury is out on whether they have noise under control

However if you are looking for a longish term investment, with ongoing support and a wide range of system accessories (like proper TTL external flash) - i.e. the sort of thing you would expect from a pro camera company - then buy an A2. Its a fine camera too, and has some features over and above the FZ20 (hi-res evf, tilt lcd, lots more control, etc)

The price makes the FZ20 very competitive though. It is a tough choice.
lawrencew is offline   Reply With Quote