Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 26, 2004, 7:30 AM   #1

Each one of us has a mental feature list for our "perfect" digital camera. My list is as follows:

1. long telephoto lens with image stabilization(I do mostly sport photograpy)
2. adequate size sensor(compensated for by long telephoto lens)
3. unlimited burst mode
4. good low light capabilities
5. continuous autofocus

Features such as fully manual operation, among others, are not as important to me.

I currently own a 3+ year old fuji 6900. I have been waiting to upgrade for 2 years. the FZ20 is the first digicam that comes close to matching my feature wish list. I have been reading everyone's complaints about Panasonic, but the FZ20 seems to be perfect for the sport photographer like me. Unless someone can suggest to me an alternative to the FZ20, I plan on purchasing one. I seems like it will be a killer digicam.

krrodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2004, 10:32 AM   #2

i know there's heaps of better camera out there, but it seems that leica lens and 12x zoom as well as OIS is a big turn on for me.

im not a pro photographer, in fact i am prolly the biggest noobie in photography in this forum...however so fari've been very happy with what lumix can achieved up to now, so i'd say... get ur fz-20... im thinking of selling my fz-10 and get a fz-20 and fx-7 as a back up for point and shoot :P... altho i dun think that's it's very wise :roll:
dachshund is offline   Reply With Quote