Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jul 26, 2004, 5:36 PM   #1

The absolute worst delay in the FZ10 is the viewfinder delay. I have missed so many shots because my eye believes that what I see in the viewfinder is what I will capture. I am developing a technique, on shrotdistance zooms,whereby I use both eyes. My viewfinder eye (right) is used for focusing and centering of the subject. My left eye is watching for the moment of capture. When I use this technique, I see a black frame around the subject, however the father away from the subject especially if it is moving the more difficult. I have not had an opportunity to shoot for fast moving subjects with a FZ10 at full zoom.

I hope that the viewfinder delay is reduced with the new computer chip in the FZ20 and more in the FZ30. I intend to wait for the FZ30 and if it is not appreciably reduced good-bye Panasonic. What good is a 12x zoom if I never get the picture I am looking for?

playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jul 26, 2004, 5:49 PM   #2

The delay in your EVF is 0,1 sec due to the LCD used. Other brand cameras with a EVF have similair delays.
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote