Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Aug 4, 2004, 1:23 PM   #1

Anyone else receiving SPAM messages with virus attachments from a WOP5@AOL.COM email account? Turns out that account belongs to the forum member, PAISANO5, all email I have received is written in all upper case, is photography related (usually just one short sentence), and then has a photography related attachment made to look like a picture file, but it actually ends in .CPL, .VBS, or ***** (classic virus packages).

The message headers tell the tale that these messages actually come from the Aneta.org and Aneta.net domains rather than an AOL mail server, so it doesn't appear to be coming from PAISANO5.Aneta.org being a Czech website and Aneta.net being a place-holder site that is for sale but currently owned or at leaste registered/administeredby Alaska Network Associates. I do find it a bit too coincidental that all of theemails havea photography relevance to them -- a bit too complicated for an automated virus to be doing it, and PAISANO5 and I have never directly corresponded via email. Seems to me that some visitor here is being a pain in the posterior!

Please eitheremail me (without a virus attachment, please) or reply here if anyone else has been receiving the same type of messages.

EffZeeOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Aug 5, 2004, 12:24 PM   #2

Nice to know...tango yankee for fyi.

I will delete any PMs from this forum member.

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote