Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 1, 2004, 3:29 AM   #1

Hi, its not avalable in Australia, where i live yet, but i need to get it for my trip in mid september... so i want to buy it from pricejapan.com, but they offer no international warrenty!

Do you think much will go wrong with it...? if so how much are cams normally to fix?
General Morpheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 1, 2004, 4:07 AM   #2

Whenever digital camearas are down with some problem, the repairs cost almost more than 50% of the cost or sometimes equal to the cost of the camera itself (Major problems).

I was also in similar dilemma when I was thinking to buy a camera from the Grey market. Posted questions as to what kind of problems I should expect and the saving from the deal would cover the cost of the repairs, if any.

Finally, I bought a camera from the CanonAuthorised dealers by paying little more. My camera's LCD was going blank every few seconds, comes back, intermittently goes blank. Changed batteries etc. etc. within 2 to 3 days. Not weeks !

Then I went to the dealer and explained the problem. He was trying to take it to a service center and finally he exchanged with another camera (same brand). Then only I realised what would have happened had I bought from Grey Market. They would not have extras for replacement and they would simply say we will get it repaired.

Think twice before getting the Camera without warranty. If they work well you will be happy otherwise what ?

This is not to frighten you but this has what happened to me. Best of luck.
hari is offline   Reply With Quote