Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 3, 2004, 6:06 AM   #1

:?G'Day good people, I am on my 1st week of photography and have just got my 1st camera a DMC-FZ10. Now as a total newbie I have been reading all the threads and decided to play as mentioned so many times in other posts... well I just had a play in a darkend room with a flame behind a Jim beam Bottle... some of the pics were interesting lets say LOL... but 3 times my camera froze on me and on each occasion I turned it off and let it sit for a few minutes and all that happened was the LUMIX emblem came up and that was it.. no returning of the lense to its off position zilch.... in the end each time I had to remove the battery and return it to get the camera back into action...any Idea's? Do I have a dud that needs returning to the store... or haveI just given my cam a big ask that it could'nt do? Please help me with any help or suggestions incase this should hapen again.... prior toyour responses cheers and thanks
Attached Images
matt1_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 3, 2004, 1:18 PM   #2

That is quite a nice photo,as for your problem I can only guess,but since you said you were trying different settings maybe reset the camera to factory defaults in the setup portion of the menu.

If the camera continues to freeze I believe it is best to return the camera.

Perhaps you could call Panasonic
genece is offline   Reply With Quote