Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 10, 2004, 8:02 PM   #1

My dream camera has been a point and shoot IS ultrazoom. Got turned on to Panasonic recently and have been lurking on the Pana forum here and at dpreview. Decided to take a shot on a FZ10 and wait until an FZ20 review appeared.

Lost a bid on an FZ10 last night. Decided to take the plunge (absent a current review) and buy an FZ20. CC again showed availability but no local in-store pickup. Entered an order this morning with 1 day shipping (Monday delivery). Mid afternoon logged back in to CC and saw that there was in-store delivery available 4 miles away (Velley Stream, LI NY). PLaced a new order (assuming full refund of unopened package for originalorder on Monday). New order was accepted and I immediately drove to the store. Lo and behold the "Slugs" at the store claimed to never have seen the camera. The desk clerk even offered the explanation that the 2 units that showed in inventory must have been "stolen". Cancelled the latest order and went home.

Returned home dejected and went back online. Now there was in-store inventory showing in Westbuty LI, NY, about 6 miles away. Called the store and confirmed that they actually had the camera. Immediately placed another on line order and set out for the store. Went to the camera dept. and encountered a sales rep who never heard of the camera. Fortunately another clerk pointed him to the in-store supply and my newest order was satisfied. I am now reading the manual and will take some pix tomorrow. It was a long afternoon but I finally have it in my sweaty hands.

I hope to be able todo some comparison shots with my Canon G3 (an excellent camera). If the pix on the lower end of the zoom come anywhere near the G3 I will be thrilled. Hopefully the long zoom IS will be everything I am hoping for.

jovos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 10, 2004, 10:29 PM   #2

You're going to love it!
Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 11, 2004, 11:02 AM   #3

FZ20 and FZ3 bothin stock at Philadelphia Circuit City store. Similar experience to original post. See http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/re...ssage=10230052

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote