Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 14, 2004, 3:59 AM   #11

To:General Morpheus
I want to make power pack under my FZ10 and this red LED will be inside it. There will be special button for it.
fana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 17, 2004, 8:49 PM   #12

:?Jawis, I am living in Shanghai and waiting for the FZ 20 which is supposed to arrive early October. Some friends warned me not to buy any cameras in China as it might be not sure what you really get. There are rumours that sometimes original parts are removed and replaced by cheaper copies.

What do you think?

You mentioned that you avoid "parallel imports". Could you explain to me a little bit what's behind?

My feeling is, in general cameras are cheap in China, somewhat cheaper in HK and cheapest in Japan. At the moment the FZ 10 is sold at around 4000 RMB (480 USD).

Trust in China is everything!

Therefore, any trustbuilding or clarifying comments are appreciated

NOTE: opened new topic about cameras in China!

Pixeldragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2004, 12:28 AM   #13

At BEST in Diamond Hill & Tsuen Wan @$4999.
KLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 19, 2004, 3:16 AM   #14

I finally got mine at Tai Lin for $4790. $4999 if you want a 256mb card included.

Hope you got my reply Pixeldragon? I must have sent you a msg as an email as I can't see the reply posted here
Jawis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2004, 7:25 PM   #15

Very nice review!

I am using the Nikon SB-28DX flash on my FZ10 now. In the beginning, the picture was a bit too bright. After a few months of experimentation and understanding the two, I was able to get fairly good shot with it.

I was thinking of getting a slave adapter and use it on the SB-28DX and use the internal flash to enhance the distance a bit more.

As it stand right now, with the improvement of the FZ20, in my opinion i don't think it is worth selling my FZ10 just to buy FZ20 for that little of an improvement.

I am looking for them to first fix the dang it EVF problem they have with low lighting, that is my only gripe about the FZ10, otherwise I love it.

I am waiting for the PD62 attachment to come back into stock

Anyone who owns a FZ10 should get one. This is an attachment to the headunit so you could use filter with 52mm, rather than 72mm if you use that lens hood.

This will save you money on buying the 72mm filters which is more expensive and you could use the Nikon 6T macro filter with it. In addition, the distance is perfectly design so when you are a max zoom, it will go right up to the filter, giving you that perfect focal point. It is not as large as the standard hood that comes with it, so if you using the internal flash, you won't get that lose of lighting as well.

smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2004, 12:54 AM   #16

Where/what model of adapter? I've not figured out what they are called so I can't google successfully.
wmussatto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 21, 2004, 10:46 AM   #17

Excellent gallery, and your indoor sequence is a wonderful illustration of how to use lighting.

For the third indoor photo in that sequence (the one using external bounce flash), what settings did you use and how did you choose them? Aperture, shutter speed, ISO, white balance, flash power level and angle of bounce?

Charlie Howard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 22, 2004, 5:40 PM   #18

General Morpheus wrote:
mine came with no memory card

yeah i like the camera, however i dont like its foucsing while zoomed, its really aint great, and the image stabaliston only really works in gr8 light (at full zoom)
What's the problem with the camera focusing when zoomed? I've seen someone mentioning this before but no explanation exactly of what's not to like. Thanks.
Fernando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 7:01 AM   #19

I haven't had any problems focusing when fully zoomed. Sure, it would be nice to have a bigger viewfinder to see a little better when manually focusing, but it can definitely be done as is. I'm sure that with more expensive digital SLR cameras it is easier to be sure you have the focus exactly right... but this thing does a heck of a good job for the price.

As for that series of indoor shots posted at http://www.zimfamilycockers.com/Pana..._DMC-FZ20.htmlI just put the camera in program mode and experimented with a few different settings on the external flash. My wife's makeup was giving me a heck of a challenge... I was getting a terrible shine off of it. I had to take several shots using various flash power settings and bounce angles until I got it right... but I could pretty much see right in the camera when I had nailed it.
Jim Zim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 7:21 AM   #20

Can shoot an unlimited number of pictures in burst mode (versus 5 on FZ10)
Regarding unlimited shooting. I'd like a bit more information, please. What's the best image size that's achievable with this, how many shots per second, and is it really continuous until you take your finger of the shutter button?
commie is offline   Reply With Quote