Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 20, 2004, 7:11 PM   #21

One problem is that Nikon is soo over priced. I mean it is a great company and makes great camera equipment, but they are so over priced.

Just to compare: Nikon release a D100 camera. Compare the spec with it and the Canon counterpart, Nikon is more expensive.

D70 vs Canon Rebal, D70 is more expensive.

I think the Fujifilm S2 Pro based upon a D100 similar has better feature than the D100.

You can't beat the price vs quality the panasonic has to offer. I mean where can you find a nice 5MP camera, high quality lenica lens, 12x "optical" zoom, and with manual feature possible for that price?

I've been a Nikon fans for years and have their manual camera

N80, N8008, F2, FM2, N6006. I own a few nice Nikkor lens too, expensive piece of thing

I haven't gotten to a point to buy the F3, F4 or even the upcoming F5 because i think the price is way too much for me not going to use the feature.

I've been debating about the D100 for months now and end up getting the panasonic because of the price vs feature quality. I might end up getting the Fujifilm S3 Pro though

smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 23, 2004, 2:32 PM   #22

I agree about Nikon. They do make good stuff, but it is grossly overpriced. I've read they are severely strapped for cash and I think that limits their ability to innovate. The new F6 is just now catching up to the Canon 1 V in features. Nikon never innovates and is always years behind Canon. Their quality is good, but so is Canon's and Minoltas'. They need to lower their prices considerably and then it wouldn't be so bad to buy old technology.
Jon_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote