Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 17, 2004, 11:07 PM   #1

found an old NATIONAL PE 2OO unit at home and it fits on the hot shoe from my FZ10; I adapted it and directed it upwards in a 45° angle to use it as a bounce flash. Is there any danger to use such an old type of electronic flash with a new digicam. The flash works with 4 Alkaline batteries.
JEPEE is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 18, 2004, 12:51 AM   #2

I am in the process of hooking up my strobe system to the FZ20. While I haven't actually tried it, I just bought an adapter from B&H from a company called Wien (I think that is how it is spelled). According to B&H you have to be careful b/c some of the older units will short it out. But I suspect if it didn't do it, it won't. And here is a quote from my FZ20 manual, "Some commercial external flashes have synchro terminals with high-voltage or reversed polarity. Using such external flashes may cause a malfuncion or the camera may not operate normally.... If using other external flash units, please make sure the flash is designed for use with a digital camera and the trigger voltage is based on ISO 10330 (less than 24 volts)."

Hope this was helpful. If you want the exact model # of that Wein adapter (hot shoe) you can e-mail me (aric3@aol.com). I am away and I won't be back (to find that adapter) until Wednesday. Good luck.
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 20, 2004, 7:05 AM   #3

Take a look at: http://www.botzilla.com/photo/strobeVolts.html
mvettore is offline   Reply With Quote