Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 22, 2004, 10:46 PM   #1

ok I am looking at buying a new camera because the vivitar 2.1mp that I have now is breaking. I have had it for about a year now and when you turn it off sometimes the lens gets stuck out and you have to push it a little and then it goes back in. Now my dad has an olympus 3.3 (not sure of the model) and he got this thing that covers the lens that comes in and out of that camera he siad that when he bought it (he payed 1200 and got the camera 600 and a bunch of junk with it another 600) it came with the thing and the sales man told him that it keeps dirt out of the mech. so the lens motor will not wear as fast. now I want to get the FZ20 but my wife wants to get the FZ3 because of price (she does not want to spend alot and then have it go bad in 2 years) I want the Fz20 for the hotshoe and 5MP. Will the FZ3 do good 8X10's?

So anyway I wanted to know if I should get the protective thing?

Where do I get it and is it going to make the camera last longer? My vivitar was only 125 but I would think it should last longer than a year right?

The other thing I hate about the vivitar is the AA batteries always need to be replaced and that is another reason I want the panasonic 12X with IS is the other reason.

biggmark97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 23, 2004, 12:10 AM   #2

The FZ3 should do very good 8x10's. Besides being about $200 less expensive (I don't like to use the word "cheaper"!) it is also a little smaller in size than the FZ20. You do lose the hot shoe and manual focus when you switch from the FZ20 to the FZ3, however, along with going from 5 meg to 3. Both are reported to be very good cameras.
propwash is offline   Reply With Quote