Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 27, 2004, 2:15 AM   #1

I know in the past everyone keeps asking me to post pictures to back up complaints, but one of my problems are that I do candid work, and I would need to get permission to post pics, some denied the opportunity to be on the Panasonic forum, go figure.

Ok, in this shot I was focused on the guy on the left w/the black shirt and black and yellow wristband. I took a shot, it was out of focus, so I stood there, got a lock on the guy - in program mode, using continuous auto focus and the preset autofocusing. It took the picture at 1/100sec @ f4 so there was no chance of "jitter". Almost all of my photos come out like this once I zoom in, every now and then some are sharp. But I still don't know if it is me, or the camera.

Attached Images
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2004, 2:56 AM   #2

Shakey, turn off continuous autofocus, set focus to SPOT and focus on the guy by either half-depressing the shutter or using the one shot AF on the lens barrel (the latter is my favorite). When you have a focus lock then reframe the picture and shoot. Using this technique your pictures will be in focus, if one comes blurred out of the camera with nothing in focus you have a shake problem not a focus problem.
Klaas is offline   Reply With Quote