Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 27, 2004, 2:53 PM   #1

Does anyone know of a conversion adapter for the FZ20 to 55mm? I am looking to put my Olympus TCON-17 on the camera and it has a 55mm thread. I think I saw that Raynox was going to make one, but it isn't out yet. If anyone does know of one could you please give me the model # and a place where I could order it from. I would really appreciate it. I was asked by a few to compare that Olympus lens with the LTZ-10, so if if the adapter exists now, then I will post my results and comparison of the two lenses.
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 27, 2004, 3:37 PM   #2

should work on the FZ20 as well.
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:42 PM   #3

Yoshida makes the best one but it's also the most expensive. He charges $62 for the Model 1055/B and air shipping from Japan is included. You make your payment using a free PayPal account www.paypal.com. By the way, Yoshida advised me that the FZ20 thread stream is slightly different than the FZ10 and that some of his older FZ10 customers that have since gotten FZ20s reported to him that the focus ring didn't turn as easily when they mounted the FZ10 adapter on an FZ20. He advises that he adjusted the specs and his FZ20 rings no longer have this problem. I wonder if others have made the adjustment.

Pemaraal and PhotoSolve are out of stock, Phayee (buy it on eBay) looks wierd to me. I ordered by Yoshida today.

By the way, in case you didn't know, you're FZ20 lens cap is 55mm and will fit.
hbillsmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 27, 2004, 4:54 PM   #4

The yoshida 1055B or 1055S (black or silver) is a good choice at http://butabara-tec.com/ This is a Japanese site and rather difficult to navigate. In essence, you need to email Mr Yoshida at ryuji-y@fka.att.ne.jpand inquire as to theinventory status of the the 1055 and the shipped price. You then use paypal to complete the transaction. Send money to Mr Yoshida's email address including where to ship. Delivery in about a week can be expected.
fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 9, 2004, 9:52 PM   #5

Is Yoshida the only conversion adapter ring that will fit the FZ1? (55 mm)

Any others worth considering?

Thank you.

nmastae is offline   Reply With Quote