Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 28, 2004, 10:37 AM   #1

I am a new comer to the site and a newbie to photography too. I am planning to purchase a camera that has :
1) 10x or more optical zoom
2) Manual focussing
3) Good night shots
4) Good macro shots
5) Compact size

I find FZ-15 extremely enticing because it satisfies my most of the needs except the compactness.
How compact is the camera if I wish to carry it along with me everyday, where ever i go.?

Can any body guide me towards this dilemma. ?

swatkat is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 28, 2004, 3:09 PM   #2

The fz-10, or20although large enough to grip easily, is surprisingly light. The battery seems to be very efficient, light and compct. This offsets the size and I prefer to carry the fz-10 and fz20 for images rather than use smallercameras like my cell phone camera. I dooccasionally check my camera bag to see if the fz is really in there, because it is so light. So no, for me its not too big for me, its size is offset by the light weight and features. I like it a lot. The fz20 has a smaller light weight charger as it doesn't have a ac cord, the ac retractable plug being built into the charger. A small Tamron camera case has worked for me.

I use an fz10 mostly at work. Istopped in Circuit City store near 288 and the north loop in San Antonio Saturday to buy a cell phone adapter. But I bought an fz20 after reviewing with another customer the differences from the fz10 which I also liked. Turns out they had a shipment of 6 fz20 cameras arrive Friday, and sold 5 Friday and sold the sixth to me. They sold out before they could put up their fz20 display card. And that was at regular cc price.
miller342 is offline   Reply With Quote