Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Sep 29, 2004, 3:16 AM   #1

Although the FZ-20 has yet to hit Austrailian shores- and estimates of when it will do so - range from mid October to "early in the new year" , I have been convinced by reading many of the posts here that it will suit my needs just fine.

I have also read in the posts queries as to where to get a compatible case for it. A day or so of "Googling" has revealed that there appears to be a case designed specifically for the FZ-20 but is available only in Japan. The product name/number is Panasonic DMW-CZS20. I'm afraid my Japanese did not run to being able to translate the description, specifications or features from the Japanese Panasonic website, but I daresay someone out there could help out.

The question still arises, of course, as to whether it can be obtained from a Japanese dealer or, better, that it will appear globally.
NormBut is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Sep 29, 2004, 5:30 AM   #2

These tamrac velocity series look good, they slide from your back to front.. I will need somthin bigger for my FZ10 when ibuya LTZ10 zoom, Im using canon TL55 zoom for now that fits inside my OP TECH D-SLR (wet suit style pouch)OPTECH have new longer pouches but these are more of a tight cover with press studs than a bag..

I have a homemade chest strapfor my bike trips + cheep backpack fer extras.. sorted

D-SLR is top pic

hope that helps

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"
Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2004, 5:30 AM   #3

Thanks for that - the Tamrac series looks good. Having said that, because I've got time on my side - so to speak - I might await the efforts of a translator.

Thanks again.
NormBut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Sep 30, 2004, 11:26 AM   #4

The Lowepro Offroad camera bag is really nice, esp. if you plan on getting the ltz10 teleconversion lens. Every place is selling them for over $100 except for B&H (www.bhphotovideo.com) and I think they are selling it for $72./ They will be closed until the 10th of October due to the Jewish Holidays, though
shakey hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 1, 2004, 11:54 AM   #5

I like the backpack style. There seems to be so much to carry...filters, extra battery, extra sd memory, flash, tele conversion lens, etc. I also carry the charger and cables with me. I once charged a battery while eating lunch at a theme park with my kids. Glad I brought the charger along with me. Since then I carry everything.

It really takes a bunch of space. I ended up getting the Tamrac Adventure 8 because of size and price. Other backpacks I looked at were twice as expensive.I like the freedom of movement without the camera bag swinging around. I also like the extra compartment on the top. I carry a large towel in itto sit on.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote