Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 7, 2004, 11:58 AM   #1

I am looking to tweak my FZ10 toget the bestpictures possible. I take mostly outdoor shots of sporting events and kids playing. Ihave beenleaving the contrast, sharpness, and saturation settings onSTD. Is there any advantagein using the low or highsetting for sharpness to produce better shots? How about the contrast and saturation? Any input on your experiences would be welcomed.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 7, 2004, 12:26 PM   #2

Through experience, I've found that sharpening on low gives better results, especially with certain textures like sand, foliage, and anything with contrasty, fine textures. Add sharpness back to your pics with USM in Photoshop.
As far as contrast goes, ALWAYS have it on mimimum. This will give you the largest range of tones, which is always tricky with a digital camera. You can adjust the contrast back in Photoshop afterwards. I usually leave saturation on normal, but many people recommend putting this on minimum.
BobsterLobster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 7, 2004, 1:21 PM   #3

I leave everything on std and increase saturation sometimes and it really makes a difference.
Jon_Doe is offline   Reply With Quote