Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 29, 2004, 3:25 AM   #21

rbata wrote:

Can you do a new test? Let´s say: ISO100, 12x, tripod, and both 4MP, no resizingonly cropping. Shoot indoor and outdoor.

Probably not - I don't own either camera, they just happened to be at the same place at the same time. Also, I don't believe that the FZ20 will shoot at 4MP (5, 3, 2 or 1 AFAIK) - the 4MP above was resized to average out some of the FZ20 noise. If I do get a chance to do the test again, I will try different ISOs. However, tripod won't be available (and shouldn't matter as the camera will be deliberately out-of-focus anyway.) Likewise, zoom shouldn't matter (I took the samples above well away from the vignetting that was apparent on both cameras (possibly more so on the FZ10 than the FZ20.)

Underscore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2004, 1:31 PM   #22

I just read a test about some cameras with great lenses in the German magazine "Color Foto" today. They also tested the FZ20. Conclusion: the author recommend to buy the FZ10 because the FZ20 has too much noise beginning with ISO 100. Therefor the FZ20 is ranked on a lower place. Winner of this test is Kodak Easyshare DX7590.

Here is a link. Unfortunately you have to pay if you want to download the test pdf.

hbh is offline   Reply With Quote