Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 24, 2004, 1:11 AM   #1

Hi everyone,

I recently purchased a Panasonic FZ3 and unfortunately this weekend I took several photos with the halogen setting white balance (light bulb) and they all came out heavily saturated in blue. I can't seem to be able to remove this successfully with the supplied ArcSoft applications.

The photo's were taken at an auction this weekend (my girlfriends parents were successful in bidding for it). I have over 10 photos with this problem.

Could someone assist me with fixing the photos as they are very important to me (I was only able to retake 1 photo with the auto setting for comparison).

I couldn't attach the photos as they were too large, however if someone could contact me at alanhill1977@hotmail.com, I would be happy to provide them to you.

Thanks in advance,
alanhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 24, 2004, 4:26 AM   #2

Hi Alan

i take a look atONE for you.. then see what can be done.. for the rest..if

no promise but i do my bestto get some color back in them.. you could make them b/w quite easy if this wont work.. is that an option ?

zipone to..

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2004, 8:05 AM   #3

Is Halogen the same as incadecent? I am not sure that it is. Did you try using auto or Setting the white balance?

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 7:36 AM   #4

Alan i removed the blue looks like the house was painted, lol you wont put back whats not there, or not without lots of work, time i dont have.. sorry..

looks decent tho.. alter contrast / brightness to your liking.. ok

if you never seen the proper ver, u wouldnt know,... looks bright thas all..

as for the camera

set camera to factory settings add cloudyon wnhite balance for outside shots but minus onevf if nec...IE >toggle the control on the back up once thenminus till its ok..

its digital, its different to norm film, check ya pics at start of each shoot in the viewer zoom into it BUT > take 3shots (specilly people) (pros take 100s)not one or use bracket gives u 3 vers of each pic.. then delete the crap..

Good luck !

Jayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 1:10 PM   #5

In the menu setting, check the lighting it is set at. You could play around from setting it to Auto to use Outdoor, Indoor, Flash, etc type lighting.

Each of the setting, will compensation / offset certain light color, thus making the image blue if you have it set to use indoor lighting, but shooting outdoor, etc.

Happened to be a few times.
smilepak is offline   Reply With Quote