Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:20 PM   #21

No, that was actually taken with an FZ10. The bird had been captured for banding by Hawkwatch International at the top of the Goshute Mountain Range in Nevada. Thus, I was able to get close enough for the picture before they released him/her.
JimBailey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:32 PM   #22

You guys really need to go outside and take more pictures, it's easier on the brain.

steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 25, 2004, 12:52 PM   #23

The square root of Steve telling us to go out and take more pictures divided by my FZ20 equals...

Me going out and taking more pictures with my FZ20

Thanks Steve...:?

bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2004, 3:00 AM   #24

JimBailey wrote:
I like to take pictures of birds. They tend to move a lot, so it helps to have a fast shutter speed, especially when using a teleconverter at highest zoom.

If you check out the charts on p. 55 of the manual, the 1/2000 shutter speed only works with an F8 f-stop. What good is that? The faster the shutter speed, the more light you need to let in to get a properly exposed picture.

Based on the charts, the only fast "usable" shutter speed is 1/1000, if you want to take advantage of the "fast" F2.8 lens and use all f-stops available.

The 1/2000 shutter speed appears to be nothing more than a sales gimmick, as I can't think of any subject, other than the sun, perhaps, which would require an F8-1/2000 combo for proper exposure.

As a challenge, perhaps, someone can post a picture taken with this camera at the 1/2000 shutter speed. If the manual is correct, and not a misprint, I think it would be impossible to find a subject bright enough.

Try a pan with the bird then you can shoot at 500 to 1,000.
playlong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 30, 2004, 2:07 AM   #25

Im geting great fun with you guys! Thanks!!:lol: its kind of dificult to write in english for me, but I understand very well when I read, I learn a lot whith yor questions Bob, Iv buyed the Fz20 in the same time, and I know more or less the same so keep going!!!!

This "Teru-Teru" was reely angry with me because I was very ner of his nest and eggs, its a really agresive bird, and very brave to! he came at 2 feet from me to protect de nest!!

Im sorry to interrupt your post but I´m getting crazy with the Fz, and I need to share this with some one!

Attached Images
Moncho is offline   Reply With Quote