Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 2, 2004, 11:47 AM   #1

Hi all,

Just got an FZ1 & am trying to pick a card for it. Seems to me that 256 or 512 would probable be a pretty good size. I tend to carefully compose rather than indiscriminately snap. Since the video is only 10fps i dont have to worry about using that too much.

So my questions:
What size is best if one will be upgrading to fz2 specs and only using fine 1.2-1.4 gig/pic?

What speed is best, i/e what is the fastest the fz1 can take advantage of.

Kingmax 60mb/s cards are so cheap & well reviewed i am considering one of those in 256, 512, or 1gb size. I was leaning to the 512, but the 256 is $30, 512 is $50, and the 1gb is $75 at my source. That makes the better deals the 256 or 1gb it would seem. 1gb seems overkill for 2mp though. Then again, more space than one could ever use could be a freeing thing?

All suggestions greatly appreciated.

take care,

jester69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 2, 2004, 4:50 PM   #2

If you really care about size and convinience...why don't you do what I did.

I got an Sandisk Ultra 256kb and a Vosoniq X's Drive II and put 40 gig hard drive on it.

Now I can travel anywhere and keep 40 gigs of photos with me.
All you have to do is after the card is full...just stick it in the X's drive and copy it...then after the trip..upload all the pics from the X's drive into your computer..

just a thought...Now that I have a x's drive...I don't really care about the size of the SD card.
Rezajune is offline   Reply With Quote