Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 16, 2004, 4:37 PM   #1

I'm new to the digital camera world, so forgive any ignorance. My DMC-FZ10 has performed up to all my expectations thus far, except when I've gotten the photos printed. The color looks great on screen (both camera and computer), but prints in an unnatural green.... way too bright. It's not noticable in all the prints, but ones outside, with agood amount of green is where it becomes an issue. Granted I've just gotten the prints at Sam's Club with their Fuji machine... so maybe that's the problem. I just feel that overall,I guess because of the strange color... the prints "look" digital. Please help me- can this be corrected on the camera? Is this a common issue? Thanks
1crook is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 17, 2004, 9:25 AM   #2

If they look good on the screen and on the computer, I'd try getting them printed somewhere else.

bshel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 9:44 AM   #3

I really have not seen this problem but others have . Here is a thread on the subject.

I still kind of feel it may have something to do with a filter you may be using, but what do I know?

genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 11:36 AM   #4

I agree with bshel. Try another location and machine type. The machine you are using could have a problem.

Try a camera store like Wolf or Ritz camera. They are usually pretty reasonable in cost. Also, they can look at your file and help you correct the problem.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 17, 2004, 12:09 PM   #5

Replace the empty ink-cartridge of your Inkjet Printer. That will help.
hbh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 18, 2004, 7:55 AM   #6

I usually upload my pictures to Shutterfly, I find them the best quality, especially with skin tones. I do think that the first 20 4x6's are free. If you don't have a high speed connection it will take a long time to upload, but just try it out, it's free. You can also check ofoto, their pictures are pretty good, too, and they are rivals of Shutterfly, so you might be able to get a good deal.
Nancy Gabby is offline   Reply With Quote