Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 22, 2004, 9:57 PM   #1

Well, after weeks of reading and re-reading the posts in this forum, I finally placed my order today for a Panasonic FZ15. Among other things I can't wait to try with this camera, I am anxious to take some Macro shots like the great ones I have seen posted here. However, I do need a little advice. From what I have read here, the Nikon 6T seems to be a good choice for a Macro lens for the FZ15. As I understand it, it's a good idea to go with a 62mm lens for picture quality. My question is about the adapter. I have seen mention of the Phayee adapter, but is there another good choice that doesn't have to come from China? Also I would like to get a UV filter to protect the lens. Any recomendations for one of those as well? I'm new to all of this - I'm upgrading from a Canon PowerShot A40 which has spent all of its life in Auto mode. Since this is a Panasonic forum, I assume you guys approve of my choice of cameras, but if you would like to heap some praise on me for my choice, feel free.

Dave L is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 22, 2004, 11:57 PM   #2

I too, am a relative newbie, like two days! Ha! But, from what I've gathered an excellent UV filter for a FZ1 is the multi-coated Uv Quantaray filter from Ritz stores about $25 buckos. For macro capability, throughout the zoom range, a dual element lens such as +3 diopter 55mm oly b- macro might work out. I wish I can remember the guy's name who posted this info I badly paraphrased but he's got an awesome eye for composition and his IR photos are absolutely drop-dead stunning!
St8saler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 7:28 AM   #3

Welcome, Dave. Check out the pemaraal fz10/15/20 adapters at http://www.b-300.com/fz10ac.html The pd62 (delrin plastic) and pa62 (aluminum) are both for 62mmlens such as the nikon 6tandgo for $32.

fmoore is offline   Reply With Quote