Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 23, 2004, 10:44 PM   #11

How do make the fly sit still. Flies in my part of the world just flys.
aghauri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:01 PM   #12

lol, although i can see some noise, i think you might've confused my post with someone elses lol

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 23, 2004, 11:49 PM   #13

It's been refreshing to see this (ill conceived on my part) issue evolve into something positive. And, Holy Cow, those are some amazing macros!!!
Old Nov 24, 2004, 12:24 AM   #14

Hey a big thank folks.

Kalypso, while it may have caused controversy it has at least helped those that are on dial up. So what ever it caused, it seems to have worked. IMO, There should be guidelines at the top of each forum, stating exactly what its here for and the images sizes if posted. That would save a heck of a lot of problems. It gives us all something to refer to.

Sorry Vito, must have been mistaken M8t. Man you are getting around as much as me lately :-)Always a pleasure to see you.

Aqhauri. Flies never stay long, so you need to work fast. Using a camera on manual and knowing whatand how it works is a must. Fred (ffmore) is an expert on that. His shots are amazing to see. Also one of the reason I got the FZ10. Fred, its all your fault mate, LOL.So understanding the camera and the subjects is what its all about. Macro shooters are also a very stubborn breed :-)

The fly shots from the FZ10 are with added 35mm slr lenses in front of the FZ10, no they are not reversed. They sit the normal way around using adapters made from filter rings and rear lens caps. Similar to what I used on the Sony here....

All the best folks and thanks again. I'll go back and lurk for awhile again.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 24, 2004, 3:28 AM   #15

None of this would be a problem if people were polite enough to post the SIZE of their image as text above the link whenever it's bigger than, say, 100K. Then we dial-up users could choose whether to have a cup of coffee or give up straight away.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote