Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 18, 2006, 4:55 PM   #111

Digital is so new and different that even someone who has been an
amateur photographer for many years, still has a whole lot to learn.

Getting that knowledge, particularly in relation to your own camera,
is made so much easier and enjoyable by hanging out at this forum.

And getting to know a little about your fellow enthusiasts is a bonus!

My introduction to photography was via a junior photgraphy kit,

a Xmas gift from my parents when I was 12 years old.

The kit contained an ultra cheap 35mm camera and everything

you needed to make contact prints.

That was 38 years and quite a few cameras ago.

I am currently getting to know my FZ30, a 50th birthday gift
from my soulmate, my wife.

My name is Max. Born and raised in Bonnie Scotland, I have spent

almost all my adult life in the amazing land down under, Australia. I like to travel.

Married to a wonderful woman, we have three grown sons and two boxer dogs, (Boxers never grow up!)

I work in a large public library as a reference librarian and internet trainer.

Religion? Practising Atheist. Films? Taxi Driver, Once Were Warriors, and many more.

Food? Anything tasty, particulary good curries. Drink? Good beer, (Stella etc), Aussie red wine.

Hobbies are computing, music, photography and motorcycling. (Love my Suzuki SV650).

I have a very eclectic collection of good music.

Still play the old stuff but always happy to hear something new.

I read a lot of non-fiction and I am a news junkie.

mainly via news websites and internet radio.

Looking forward to sharing the Lumix experience with you.

Max, a.k.a. Puddock

Puddock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2006, 3:15 PM   #112

Hi all - I've been a lurker for many months (off and on) but have never posted. I got my FZ20 in May of 2005, and last Monday, it, along with all my gear in my backpack was stolen from our van. I'd say I was heartbroken, except that I'll reserve that term for loss of a friend or family member, but gosh darn it, that camera was definitely my pride and joy. We think our vehicle was locked (we're generally very careful) but the backpack was on the passenger side floor (not one of the big name backpacks - didn't look like photo gear) so it was in view.

At any rate, due to insurance deductibles and lack of receipts for the extra batteries, filters, SD card, etc. I don't have enough documentation to claim it on insurance - so there we are.

But, I'm over it - can't look back. I'm a stay at home mom who loves to dabble in photography and takes surfing pix of my hubby, his buddies, and local surfers. I maintain our website at http://www.surfindaddy.com. We have two daughters whom I homeschool.

It's gonna take me a couple weeks to raise the money (going to sell a couple "luxury" items that don't mean as much to me as the camera!) and upgrade to the FZ30. I'm working to collect the goodies I need and have decided to make my own camera bag using some of the ideas I've run across on this forum. This one will be inside a large ladies shoulderbag which will double as my purse anytime I want to have my camera with me - I'm much less likely to want to leave it in my car. But I can tell you for sure that is not likely to happen to me again.

Anyway, I'll be watching and reading the goodies posted about the FZ30 in particular and hopefully will be able to join in discussions in a few weeks.
Kayceespix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 31, 2006, 3:30 AM   #113

Hi to everyone!

This is my first post on these forums, but I started to read these a long time ago. I am 29 years and from Finland, do not have Panasonic camera yet, but quite possibly going to buy FZ7 if they have not messed it up.

1. Favorite Music: Anything good

2. Favorite Books: Narnia, LotR, Terry Pratchett Books, Hyperion saga, used to read lots of horror from Clive Barker, Stephen King (his best work is Black Tower saga) and such, William Gibsons books like Neuromancer and many more...

3. Favorite Movies: This is tough one, LotR movies were really good (long versions) and Star Wars episodes 4/5/6, I like a lot even worse scifi like The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy (the books are great!) and Star Trek, Le Fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain is nice too, Matrix (first one), American Beauty, The Pianist, well I do like movies :-)

4. Favorite Foods: Pizza, chocolate (is that even food), trying not to eat those too much, hot Chinese food (or such), smashed potatoes, french fries and hamburgers (now and then), well I do like lots of different foods too

5. Favorite Drinks: Milk, water, tea

6. Favorite Outdoors: Used to run a lot, rollerblading, walking.

7. Cameras:

8. Favorite Vacation Spots: I really need to get vacation and go to somewhere...

Factoids: right-handed but a bit leftie, no childrens, dog, ferret and "girlfriend" we have been together for 10 years now...

Should have chosen a better nick on these forums, darn...
hkj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 1, 2006, 6:18 PM   #114

Hi there everyone,
I hail from New Zealand (Dunedin to be exact). I work in the education system. I am really into photography and own 2 Panasonic cameras. The first one I have had for about 2 years and is a FZ10. I updated this year to a FZ30.

They are both awesome cameras and I am having so much fun with them.
Here is a site where I have a few of my photos for all to see:

http://www.fotothing.com/nzshutter Check it out.

This forum looks like the place to be and Im sure I will enjoy it here.

nzshutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2006, 12:20 AM   #115

On and off lurker in these forums, purchased a Panasonic FZ30 recently, and I am a happy customer. Reading the information and reviews in this forum was a big factor in helping me decide to make the purchase.

About me:

27 year old half Malaysian-Chinese American currently living in the countryside of Japan. I teach English to unmotivated junior high school kids(good kids nonetheless). Igrew up all over Asia, went to University in the US, and after 5 interesting years, I'm back out here. My parents have retired and are now living just outside Seattle, WA. I love visiting them in the summer when the weather's nice...though I must say, I'm not a fan of the gray skies during the rest of the year.

I'm an avid member of the gym - I love working out and staying in shape, it keeps me sane.I picked up digital photography a couple of years ago. My uncle was a professional portrait photographer back in the day, and while he always encouraged me, I never really gave it much thought until I bought my first snapshot digital camera to record my travels. I still have my Fuji F710.

I eat pretty much anything, I'm not picky in that respect...come to think of it, I'm not picky about anything, really. It's been interesting reading the wide variety of posters on this board. Hope to learn more about the wonderful world of digital photography.

fina23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2006, 12:42 PM   #116

Alright, my name's Tyler and I'm 20 years old. I work for Comcast as a sales associate. Anyway, my hobbies include Digital Photography, Computers, Games (FPS), Golf, Football, Cars, Mountain Biking, Fishing, Hangin with friends, and Movies.

I'm a pretty outgoing person and talkative. I'm also pretty sarcastic and joke around a lot... ohh and also very random/spontaneous. I have three sisters and I'm the youngest, heh it's not that bad. I've lived in CO my whole life and love it. I love going out and having a good time. I'm a techie guy and I love anything that deals with Computers, TV's, Cameras and just about every other electronic gadget out there. I started picking up Photography in the last 4-5 months. I took some classes back in high school but now I really want to persue and maybe do some freelance work later this year. Though I'm going to take some photography classes this summer in college to broaden my knowledge and take better pictures. I especially want to go into scenic photography i.e; nature and macro. I own a FZ30+TCON 17 and I love it! My inspiration is the pictures I see here and at the dpreview panasonic forums, thanks a lot.

Lets see... my favorite bands are Nine Inch Nails, System Of A Down, Metallica, Green Day, and Rammstein. Movies.... Lord Of The Rings, Star Wars, Happy Gilmore, Office Space, Dumb And Dumber, Unbreakable. lol there's too many to list so I'll stop there. Anyway, that's about it hehe.

treed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 10, 2006, 7:22 AM   #117

I am Francesco, 34, from S. Italy (Napoli).

Like Archaeology (esp. Early Egypt, cf. my site here LATE PREDYNASTIC AND EARLY DYNASTIC EGYPT ) ,Digital Photography (esp. landscapes and macros), mountain trekking, playing football, billiards, guitarand a few hundreds things more.

Favourite music: not listen as much as in the 1980ies, but still: Beatles (McCartney more than Lennon), Rolling Stones (esp. 1969-1975), Manowar, old Iron Maiden, Voivod, Coroner, Holy Terror, first Slayerand some more. Italian:Pino Daniele, Fabrizio de Andrè.

Favourite food: pizza and most of the Italian food (esp. in the country and mountain side).

Favourite books: On Ancient Egypt. Read Adventure and Sword and Sorcery in the youth, but now only Ancient Egypt.
Italian - TEX (Tex Willer, far west). (read others in the past, but actually only buy Tex)
Foreign - CONAN (Savage Sword, B/W) especially for the great drawings.

I am degreeing in Egyptology (Second Dynasty thesis).

Actually single, I still live with my family.

Each Sunday I go trekking and photographing here in the region of Campania, near the famous Vesuvio volcano (espec. provinces of Benevento, Caserta and Salerno) as you can see from my Photogalleries here: LERKAMINERKA PHOTOS

Francesco (Narmer*)

* The first dynastic king of Egypt

Narmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2006, 12:51 PM   #118

Hi, I am a newbynot only to this site but also to the hobby of picture taking. I say picture taking, as I don't know what I am doing.Right now I just point and shoot, then I hope for the best.

My friend Bentley's Mom suggested I join to learn more about the art of picture taking.

Here is a little about who I am:

I am newly retired from teaching Kindergarten and working in the field of Special Education. I recently moved to a new house in the county with my husband and our two "boys" - cockapoos. We have three children and nine grandchildren. I am sure you will be seeing lots of them as I love to take their pictures.

My hobbies include learning how to take good photographs and using them to create scrapbooks about my life. I also love to sew, read and garden.

This past summer we bought a new 5th wheel and we hope to travel around the good ole' USA. Summer finds us on Lake Coeur d'Alene, Idaho helping our son with his weekly sailboat races.

I am a member of the Red Hat Society and my goal in life is to laugh lots, try new things and to always be thankful formy many blessings.

Attached Images
bsinsley40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2006, 9:07 PM   #119

bsinsley40 wrote:
Hi, I am a newbynot only to this site but also to the hobby of picture taking. I say picture taking, as I don't know what I am doing.Right now I just point and shoot, then I hope for the best.

Myself also. Just a Newbie. 55 years old. I live in the Adirondack Mountains of New York about 50 milesnorth ofthe Lake Placid Olympic Center. 36 years experience with GM car dealerships. Currently Service and Parts Director (a.k.a. Fixed Operations Director) Pontiac - Chevrolet - Buick- GMC. 2 cats - 1 dog - 2 grown-up daughters - and my DARLING :yawn:wife. :blah:

Love Fishing - Chess - NASCAR - Golf - Hockey ( Die hard New York Rangers Fan ).

I just recently purchased a Panasonic DMC FZ-30..........Love it!
Zake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 16, 2006, 12:32 PM   #120

Jimmie from Southeast, Arkansas. Been fiddlin with DSLRs since 1967 when I was stationed in Thailand. I'm an RC nut, Ultralight nut and private pilot that can't pass a physical anymore. I'm on about my 20th something digital camera and am now using an FZ-30 with stacked lens.
Jimmie is offline   Reply With Quote