Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 16, 2006, 11:50 PM   #121

Hi all, newbie here too. 57 y/o grandma of 7. Love taking pictures of the grandkids. Got the FZ30 when it first came out and I just love it! Been lurking here many months now. I'm starting to venture out of auto mode one baby step at a time.
grandmarocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2006, 1:50 AM   #122

I just joined a few minutes ago so I could reply to the thread about the remote release cable for the DMC FZ30, but I won't restrict to that, as I've had an FZ10 going on 2 years now and except for poor focusing in low light I've really had no complaints!

My name's Jeff (like you couldn't guess), and I use this same forum name in forums all over the internet (it's also my primary AOL screen name, so it makes it easy for folks to get and/or keep in contact with me, if they like.

I'm on disability, but working on getting in better health and went through the Master Gardening class three years ago. Have added a lot of flower beds and ornamentals to my yard (especially things that bloom in winter -- half a dozen trees and shrubs of different species in bloom right now), and got into water gardening, as well. I've used the FZ10 extensively taking pics of my plants and flowers, and my fish and especially my bullfrogs, which I usually have to catch at night with a spotlight... Even with 12X or higher (digital zoom) and ISO 400 at night, I get reasonably good pics of my frogs at 2, 3, 4 a.m. with the FZ10 using just its built-in flash and the spotlight.

It's late, and this makes reply No. 128 to this thread, so it may go without saying I haven't taken the time to read all of YOUR posts, but I will try to catch up with them at some point.

I look forward to talking photography with you!

JeffAHayes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2006, 1:03 AM   #123

About me: Kasanova from HoChiMinh city - VietNam,36 years old.Got married onDec , 2003,my daughter is now 3years old.

Drink: Beer, beer and beer hehehe:-)

Music: Rock,

Camera: First was Canon G2, then another Canon but S70, next were Sony W1, Konica Minolta DiMage Z2which's now being replaced by a Panasonic FZ5K :|

In VietNamese we say: zo...zo...zo... (means Cheers !!!) :-)

Kasanova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 23, 2006, 10:02 AM   #124

OK, I am Salvatore Bolzano, a financial director with a major entertainment company that also produces films, music , electronics etc.. I am 40 and live in Northern Italy, near the Alps, near Austria and Switserland, and also have a home in NY, work takes me around the globe, so to say... I also go often to Japan... Interests are many, but mostly - good music, good company, good wine, well, I m italian,so we like good wine, good food and gorgeous women! I have a gorgeous wife and a son, drive fast cars and enjoy fotography a lot.. Started with a Hassellblat 25 years ago, and now 2 years in digital, with a Panny FZ5 and a sony 707... Little P&S i dont count... As far as being normal - Nick, you are not the only normal one, I am VERY normal!
SalBolzano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2006, 5:33 AM   #125

I'm Gareth Phua, from Singapore.Drinks : Whiskey(only Macallans for me), some reds and some vodka.Cameras : Nikon FM2(still got it), Nikon F601, recently purchased a Panasonic FZ30 and am happy with it so far.I am a freelance graphic designer, serving many masters as some of you designers will know when your client is not 1 person but a whole committee. Still, it's a great job and gives me a little more free time to spend with my rediscovered love for photography, my 3 cats and my other hobby, miniature scale modeling.
GarethPhua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2006, 3:56 PM   #126

Hello all

Tim Lynch here in Northern California

I'm 46 Married with to adult teens, I am some what of a newbie to cameras so hopefully you won't mind a stupid question once and a while. I currently own a few Biz that are seasonal Winter and then Summertime. I take care of redwood Decks and have some nice before and after shots I may toss out once and a while. My Sport it table tennis. I also enjoy music, cooking and wine.

I look forward to adding this nice community to my list of visits.

Tim JL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 29, 2006, 3:24 AM   #127

I bought an FZ30 since my old Sony Cybershot DSCP52 was getting a bit long in the tooth. Looking forward to making a photo gallery of pics taken with the '30. Still learning how to use the cam though - but it's a fun process:-)

Love oriental food - in particular sushi - (I make my own), chinese, thai and indian.

dbuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 10, 2006, 5:40 AM   #128

Me name Is Hans Nissen aka Sila

Iam 23 years old and from Denmark!

My cam is Fz20 with B-300 teleconverter, A28 wideangelconverter and 55mm UV and Polfilter.

My webpage is http://www.iqlo.dk/Kukkerne/Hans.htm
Sila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 28, 2006, 8:30 AM   #129

Hi everyone! I'm Mare (short for Marilou) and I live in Connecticut, USA.

I am 46 with two teenage boys (who are most often victims of my hobby), as well as a little bichon (also quite a victim).

I've loved photography since I received a Pentax K1000 for my 18th birthday! I'm not great at it, most of my shots are point and shoot, but that doesn't stop me from LOVING it!

I've had many cameras over the years, but currently own/use a Panny FZ7 and a Nikon D50.

I love this forum! I get so many great ideas from so many of you! Thanks!

Be of good cheer!

Mare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 12, 2006, 9:09 PM   #130

Some of you might recognize my handle, "MT" I am active on this board seasonally, usually in the first few months of the year when we are home. I have written three books on using DigitalCameras and my very patient husband and I conduct Digital Camera workshops on cruise ships around the world.

We have eight children, 14 grandchildren, and 2 great grandchildren. When we are home I teach university courses for our state university. We head out on another contract tomorrow and will be gone until July. Teaching as we do, we have a whole slew of cameras. But on this trip I will be taking my Nikon D-50, a couple of lensesand my newly acquired Panasonic TZ-1, pocket camera.

Attached Images
mtclimber is offline   Reply With Quote