Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Nov 30, 2004, 7:22 PM   #1

vIZnquest, Nice job. Very clean!

I don't think I'm qualified to make comments on composition, but to me these look really nice.
Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 30, 2004, 7:31 PM   #2

Composition = arrangement of subjects within a photograph. This is according to a book on photography I have.

I think good composition means that the photo is pleasing to your eye. What may be pleasing to me may be junk to someone else.

To me this photo is pleasing. I like the light from the upper windows and the dark of the rail in front and the mural between, and the table on the side.
jer1ivp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:01 PM   #3

Both are great.....the zoom power of the Pana Fzs is matchless.
fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 30, 2004, 10:02 PM   #4

Composition and the thirds (Golden mean) sometimes just don't work. Thats when bending the rules take over. At times like this, the image has to be centered. Then it becomes a symmetrical image. In these shots It works. The depth in the last shots is excellent. Its the lighting and the shadows that does it. Very nice.

If it was possible to get to the left more and shoot the last shot in a perspective going from left toright and going in perspective, then that could be interesting as well. Problem is with some of these places, you just can'tgetat them. Never be scared to ask permission though. They can only say no. Not a problem.

All the best and I like them as they are

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote