Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 1, 2004, 1:20 PM   #1

I just got my FZ15 and I must admit I am bit taken back. It seems rather complicated. An example, is the hand shake icon always on? Do I need to spend some time to get used to everything? This is my first DC
Craxim is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 1, 2004, 1:32 PM   #2

The "handshake" icon is the image stabilization mode, it should be on unless you use a tripod.

Every camera is different and takes time to get use to. Put it in P mode and start taking pictures. Make adjustments based on your results. Try different things and refer to the manual often. Most of all have fun !
MikeSW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 1, 2004, 5:41 PM   #3

Hello Craxim,

As MikeSW said just use the P mode to start and take the time to really get familiar with the camera and the functions. The great part of digital photography is that you can see the results right away. It may take a while but well worth it. It is much more camera than what most people are accustomed to.

Keep coming back here from time to time there are lots of helpful peeps here on the board. Also, check on settings that people are sharing on the shots they have taken.

Check this website out. It was made for the FZ10 but the information is quite applicable to the FZ15 as well.

vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote