Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:26 AM   #1

I hope to get panasonic Bobs attention (I dont know if he still monitors this site) and get him to answer an intriguing question.
What is the write speed on for the FZ series, ie FZ10, FZ20 etc.
A lot of people are spending a lot of money buying the newest fastest SD cards, the question is though do they need to. Is the write speed of the FZ series lower than the write speed of the fastest SD cards?
Interesting question, I have just purchased the Kingmax 60 x SD card with the hope of getting better burst performance. It will be interesting to see how it goes.
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2004, 4:52 AM   #2

I know the FZ20 does make use of high speed cards in Burst mode butI do not know what the max capable speed is? I have several cards (all cheap) but they do vary, guess one way to look at it is at least it will take less time to upload images to PC (I plug card into adapter direct to PC) even if the camera does not make full use of them.
pwiles1968 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2004, 5:40 AM   #3

i heard the write speed of the fz20 was 40x. of course this was seen on the internet, which we all know is SO reliable. not sure about the other fz's.
spidamonkey is offline   Reply With Quote