Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 16, 2004, 4:07 PM   #11

Oh no mate, you won't catch me debating these things, LOL. Especially when we are in different countries with different ideas. I'll just stay a clicker in time :|

Nature simply rocks IMO. :-)and I try to harm nothing. Impossible, yes it is, but we try.

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 6:43 PM   #12

Not sure what SHISNAY is but I think I agree. #3 is exceptional to my eye.
jimr503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 6:52 PM   #13

thx guyz.......and btw Nick i didn't eat it after i shot it!!!!!!!!!!

willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 16, 2004, 7:59 PM   #14

hey will!

great show of macro man!

did he fly around at all? i see the perch is different in each photo (or at least in two of them) so he wasn't sleeping...lol

i haven't even tried shooting dragonflies...the ones i've seen have never stopped for more than a second...and i have no patience...lol

great work there willow

one question...how do you got about resizing and saving? you're probably being kind to 56kers, but the jpeg artifacts are taking away from the sharpness...in fact, i thought, at first, your DOF was off on a couple of the shots...a bit too far or close, but then, i looked closer and longer and noticed it was the little squares from the compression that did that...

anyway, how do you save? and what compression settings? I usually use photoshop CS's "Save For Web", and it works wonders...i can get a PERFECTLY clean image...no jpeg artifacts to be seen at a size under 200k (depends on the photo...the "backlit evergreen" shot i posted is 150k at 90% quality)

there was a jpeg2000 plug in free for download posted earlier in the month (or november?), it worked fabulously, but unfortunately, stevesforums didn't recognize the file format to post

so, anyway, which program are you editing with? i've heard 'The GIMP' is very similar to photoshop, and free, might be worth checking out!

nick, it says in the Bible, man was created in God's image. So, man is not an animal (in the real sense), he has the capability to think and reason (animals don't).

of course, i'm not saying that eating dragonflies for money is right!

photosbyvito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 17, 2004, 12:28 AM   #15

Great shots Willow.. I think shisnay is the same as shiznit.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:29 PM   #16

my only question is, how the heck do you get within macro range of a dragonfly without him taking off?? i can't believe these bugs just sit there while you get within inches with your camera!
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2004, 9:32 PM   #17

Fantastic. Did you use any add-on lenses?
vazerhino is offline   Reply With Quote