Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 18, 2004, 2:41 PM   #1

Hi, All -

Is there a list of known good/compatible cards that work with the SV-AV100, besides the Panasonic card? Ihave been looking at a number of high speed SD cards from Lexar and Sandisk (32X, 60x), but have seen problems reported when recording in MPEG2 fine mode.

Thanks in advance.

TracerNet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 7, 2005, 9:42 AM   #2

Hi Trace!

The SV-AV100 will record in MPEG2 on SD cards that have a minimum write speed of 5mbs. Most hi-speed cards will work if they meet that criteria.

Only thing is you may need to upgrade the firmware in your camcorder. It's a simple enough process whereby you just put a file onto a blank SD card and put it into your cam.
I believe the firmware update was originally written by Sandisk (figures!) but it's no longer available at their site.

If you want the file then email me at: haloedin0@gmail.com (0 is number) and I'll send it along with full instructions.

I realise it's been a while since you posted but I hope that's of some help to you or anyone else that reads this.
DIN0 is offline   Reply With Quote