Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Dec 29, 2004, 5:36 AM   #1

Came across this post at this forum.

I am NOT a FZ20 user, I have the Fz10.

But there are many of you that have the Fz20, and I thought this may interest you.

tchuanye is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 29, 2004, 6:41 AM   #2

lol, very creative......but I prefer the original one, it only costs $15.00.....dont want to run the risk.....anyway, thanks for sharing the info.....I've seen something similar on the Dcresource forum.

fz10_user is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 29, 2004, 7:06 AM   #3

Be my guess they used $15 of parts for 1/2 a release.
genece is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 1:35 AM   #4

Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask. How long isPanasonicwired remote for fz20? I never used or saw a camera wire remote, so I wonder if its really functional.

I plan to order it, but wonder if its really advantagous. Can I be in the pix myself (with my kid) and take the pix at the same time? or is it much shorter than I wish?

Thanks all,

this is a great forum (and my first post :-) )

bebito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 6:06 PM   #5

Hi bebito,
Just measured it for you. Pulled taught from camera to the operating button, it's 41 inches. Add the length of your arm approximately 20 inches. Now subtract 4 1/2 inches for the lens extended. This gives the maximum distance you can get from the camera lens, approximately 56 1/2 inches. No one here to sit beside me but I snapped a few pictures of me. Sitting 36 inches away (didn't want to pull the camera off box) you can clearly see all the upper torso and the outstretched arm controlling the remote. Sat closer at 24 inches from the lens and you can still get a full bust view with plenty of room for someone along side of you andkeep the remote control out of view. Would probably be fun cheek to cheek with your kid, just 18 inches or so from camera, snapping some funny face head shoots.
happy shootin'.

m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote