Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 1, 2005, 6:17 PM   #21

I quickly checked the Amazon.com user reviews for the Sandisk SDDR-88device and they were mostly favorable. Someone else did report problems with "Windows 2000 Service Pack 4." It might be an issue that is specific to certain hardware. I have an Abit NF7-S nForce 2motherboard. Someone else reported having to "wiggle a cable." Mine says part number 20-90-00114 and was made in China.My previous ImageMate withwhich I was so enamored was an SDDR-05 and was made in Taiwan, possibly by Shuttle. As delivered, , the mere act of inserting or removing a memory card was enough to disconnect the reader from the dock, even if I was careful. Anyway, the build quality of my SDDR-88 was definitely not what I expected andI am not tempted to buy another.

I am so disillusioned with user reviews. If you look at user reviews of computer speakers at Newegg.com, you might actually think that speakers that costtwenty dollars, or even fifty dollars, could actually sound good. I don't usually have problems with the things I buy, but it sure seems that some people are a whole lot less picky than others.
Sinister Purpose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 5, 2005, 3:38 PM   #22

Thanks everyone. Jim, I didn't know that there were card reader reviews here. If I had known I definitely would have looked there first. Thanks!
Suzaberg is offline   Reply With Quote