Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 1, 2005, 4:06 AM   #1

Hi all. Greetings and best wishes for the new year. I have a quick question re battery and charger. My case has a very small side pocket - spare battery and charger will fit best if I leave the battery (charged) still attached to the charger body -is this ok? I'm wondering whether it might discharge faster or at all in the bag? - given that it's still connected to the pins - and presumably through some sort of internal circuit. Or does it not matter?? Thanks.
shirleywhite is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2005, 10:17 AM   #2

Hi! I also leave mine in the charger for the same reason you do and so far have not noticed any drain off. The manual states thatif you leave the battery in the camera for a long period of time, discharge will take place. I will continue to store mine in the charger until I hear any negatives from a credible souce. Now if you don't use the spare for a long period of time I'm sure it will lose some charge wether it's in the charger or not. Hope this helps. Lets see what some of the others have to say.

Wishes for a Happy & Prosperous New Year to you too!...Jer

Jer99 is offline   Reply With Quote