Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:01 AM   #1

Anyone who would like to share their experiences with an external flasher.

I would love to know because I would like to purchase one.

JandG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 3, 2005, 3:09 AM   #2

If you want bang for your buck go for the Sunpak 383 super. Its cheap but really powerful and capable of some great results. A lot of people on this forum (including myself) use it and I have never read a post where some one was unhappy with it.
The problem with this flash is availability in Australia. I have found a few places in Sydney that sell it but they go for around $200. I purchased my from B&H (an American web company, very good) for around $60 US but postage was a little steep.
Hope this helps. The photo shows it attached to my FZ10.
Attached Images
Treemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 9:07 AM   #3

Sunpak 383 Super. :-)
tacticalnuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 11:09 AM   #4

I have the Panasonic Flash and it works nicely with the FZ10. I do not know much about the Sunpak 383, but the Panasonic automatically adjusts the flash for the distance. It also comes with a special diffuser for wide angle shots.
Rookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2005, 12:36 PM   #5

I can see from your posts that the Sunpak 383 Super is a great flash for the FZ20.

I was curious if any of you knew if it would also work great with my FZ15. I know that I would have to get a mounting bracket for it to work with my shoe-less 15, and I know that Sunpak makes at least a couple of brackets that would work well with it.

You know, it's funny...I specifically chose the FZ15 because I wanted to keep things simple: No shoe, so I wouldn't have any desire to buy an external flash...why buy 5mp when 4's enough?...I never record movie clips with my camera, so I don't need the sound recording capability...in other words, keep it simple! But after taking some indoor shots using the built-in flash, I can't keep convincing myself that the built-in's good enough.

The FZ15's a great camera, and I'm gonna keep it and I do love using it...but, if I could do it over again, I would just spend the extra $85(that was the price difference when I bought the 15) and buy the FZ20. I knew that the extra features that came with the 20 were worth more than the price diff...but I wanted to keep it simple....

sukispop is offline   Reply With Quote