Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 6, 2005, 9:30 PM   #21

What grabs my attention right away are those few snowflakes on the lower right berries. Great foto.

In the area I have lived at for a good many years now, we often get freezing rain storms that turn trecherous. Off all the contraptions available for walking in icy conditions, I have tried almost all of them. IMHO the most expensive is the BEST one and now the only one I use. You can literally run on a frozen lake. I keep a pair in the car during the winter and have a pair at home also. I also run "studed" snow tires for our winters.
If your interested they are available from a few sources and here is one, to give you an idea of what they are. They are called "STABILicers". Here is a link.

m.achure is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:33 AM   #22

WOW!!! Its the only thing I can say. I have never seen anything like this before!!.

And it applies for both, Ice Storm and all your picts!!!
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 10:53 AM   #23

Great shots everyone, I'm sitting in 26 degrees celcius and its only 3am, the photos are making me feel quite cold!!!!!!!!!
Hazzarbone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:13 AM   #24

I work for the Postal Service. Although I work inside now, I carried the mail door to door for 4 years. There is nothing worse, than freezing rain! You can hardly walk in it, and by the time you get back to the truck, you have 1/8 inch sheet of ice on everything you are wearing. It eventually leaks through, and you are soaked. Six hours of that and believe me, you are ready to go home!

As the trees sway, the ice cracks, and there's a "crunching" sound all around. Very eerie!

I hope to take some more pics today on the way to work. Saw LOT'S of opportunities, but didn't have the camera.

rcav8or is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 7, 2005, 11:21 AM   #25

I was walking to work and saw these leaves through a window. It is in a children's playground if you are wondering what is behind the leaves.

I really like your ice pics rcav8or!

Attached Images
sprice is offline   Reply With Quote