Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 7, 2005, 3:53 PM   #1

I will be ordering a new FZ3 camera in the next couple of days and noticed their are a lot of choices of large capacity memory cards. Which ones would you recommend in the 512 to 1mg size?

What about a card reader?

greyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 7, 2005, 7:14 PM   #2

For the FZ3, a 512MB card should be plenty. at 3MP resolution, you can store upwards of 400 images on a half-gig card; that should be plenty. any more, and you'd need half an hour to download 'em!! as far as brands, i think mostany card from a reputable maker will be fine. i have lexar, sandisk and dane cards, and all seem to work equally well. you may find that it's worthwhile to spend the extra for a high-speed card, though... at least 32x...if you plan to do any appreciable amount of burstmode shooting. even if you don't, hi-speed cards download to your 'puter faster, and reduce your shot-to-shot time in the camera.

a card reader can save your camera's battery a bit, but requires much more frequent removal and reinsertion of the memory card, which over time can wear on the contacts. i prefer to leave mine in the camera and download direct to my PC - windows XP automatically recognizes the camera, so all i need to do is click a few times, and my pics are there.

squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote