Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 15, 2005, 2:13 PM   #11

You might also try the portrait mode in one of the scene settings......

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 2:52 PM   #12

If you're using the built in flash try flash WB and you can adjust it towards blue to try and find a setting you like.
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 15, 2005, 3:07 PM   #13

This has been extensively discussed here... http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v...39&forum_id=23

Let me add that I believe the issue is with the new Venus Engine II in part because of what they state here on their website and also because I've not read that this is an issue with FZ10 users (who don't have the updated Venus Engine II).

The many advantages of the Venus Engine II extend even into the optical area to raise the limits of lens performance. The digital correction capability of this advanced LSI corrects color aberration in telephoto shots and vignetting, which are inherent in every optical lens. This combines with the high optical precision of the Leica DC lens to achieve even higher image quality. In addition, the Soft Skin Detail function detects skin areas and activates a low-pass filter and digital toning process to improve complexions when shooting portraits.
I don't see many problems with white balance on outdoor shots or indoor shots where people are not in the picture. Put a person in the image and.... bleh!
NewsyL is offline   Reply With Quote