Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 16, 2005, 6:26 PM   #11

NZmacro; you did it again #3 is my favo :crazy:

As an idea to get the exif in the shot: the FZ20 always saves a pic twice if taken in TIFF format; 1 tiff, and a low-quality jpg. The jpg file has the exif. If you open both files in photoshop; and place the tiff as a new layer in the jpg file, andsave the image as a new file, you've got the high quality file, with exif :idea: (you can ofcourse just as well overwrite the original jpg; whatever you like)

Cheerio! GB
greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 12:34 PM   #12

Great macros NZmacro !!

Just a little help... I'm ordering one FZ-20 from BH photo with all the necessary stuff (extra battery, memory card...). I would like to include any gear that I could use to improve macro photography.

I have one CANON 50mm macro lens and one CANON 37-70 zoom lens. How can I attach these lens to the FZ-20?

How can I attach a +3 close-up lens?

I'd appreciate your help
Oscar C. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 19, 2005, 1:46 PM   #13

Great job, NZMacro!

You may have a future in advertising photography if you ever choose to pursue it!

Also, I can envision a time will come when NZMacro will present this forum with not just a fly but rather just one of a fly's compound eyes!!!

digcamfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 4:39 AM   #14

nzmacro wrote:
Trying out my brothers FZ20 and a few macro shots. So we have two babies here which is nice :-). So out of the FZ20 and just using a simple +3 on front.

The kissing cousin's. The FZ10 with a Canon 100mm on front and the FZ20 (left) with a Canon 35-70mm on front.

Hey I just got my FZ 20 a month back.... what caught my eye was that you have attached additional lenses to the FZ 20.... I have a few old Konica Hexanon lenses... a 50 mm and a 200 mm .....would it be possible to attach these lenses to the camera and how do i do it??? and if i do how would if effect the zoom factor and other settings of the lens on the camera???

I would appreciate your reply
dyu_d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 1:24 PM   #15

Heck, sorry folks. Mounting a 35mm slr lens.

Those two links might help with that. Remember that my FZ10 has a filter ring permanently fixed directly to the front of the lens........my brothers FZ20 does as well now. I better say, I don't recommend it at all :roll:, but my next FZ will as well :-)

nzmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 20, 2005, 10:28 PM   #16

Danny, thanks for the links---good info---will give it a try as soon as I get the fz20.

Unfortunatlythe black model iscurrently on back-order at B&H Photo.
guaz is offline   Reply With Quote