Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:13 PM   #1

Am going to buy the DMC FZ3 and need a bit of advice re the add ons to buy.

1. Was thinking 256mb of memory, does it matter what make ? eg Sandisk, Veritech, Kingston. The site I am odering from pixmania also does their own brand one.

Whats the difference between the makes ?

2. Whats the best case for this camera ?

Pixmania do their own one or there is a Samsonite Nikosia DF 30 case

Is there a better one ?

3. Whats a card reader and do I need one ?

Thanks a million for your help :-)
purpleflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 22, 2005, 3:48 PM   #2

Hi PF,

welcome aboard, I'm sure you well enjoy the FZ3, I sure like mine. I'll let you know what I have in relation to your questions. I would also Highly recommend you spend some time looking at the information linked to in the FZ3 FAQ sticky at the top of the forum. I have read it four times now and I still don't remember it all. Very helpful stuff.

1. A 256 card is a good start. If you are going to play with movies and rapid fire action shots a lot then get a hight speed card (e.g. 32x or 60x) any major manufacture is fine, I like Lexar.

2. Don't know about the best. It depends to much on personal preferences and what accessories you may buy. I have a Lowpro Nova1 that is holding my FZ3 with all the supplied accessories as well as my macro set, extra SD card and still have space for battery etc.

3. A card reader typically plugs into an open USB port and lets you transfer images off the SD card into your computer without using the camera. I find them indispensable but that is just my opinion. Any brand will do get an cheap one.

May I also recommend you "search" this forum with the key word of FZ3. You will get several hits that should help you along.

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2005, 5:58 AM   #3

Thanks for that Brett....its very useful:-)
purpleflower is offline   Reply With Quote