Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 23, 2005, 3:19 PM   #1

I took about 30 pictures today and I was able to preview all of them on the FZ10. When I tried copying the files over to my computer they were all missing. I took some pictures after this and they were all aok, but the camera is showing the number of pics available as if the other 30 were still there on the SD card. I've tried all of the usual disk utils and theyre not recoverable and what I dont understand is the photographs taken before today are still there. Has any one else had this problem ?

HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:35 PM   #2

I did and tried to recover them but this was during my uploading the files and then my laptop just went, "zonkers." I used a program called "Smart Recovery." Got some of the files but not all.

PC Inspector Smart Recovery

It is free as well.

I lost my pictures the other day from accidentally highlighting the wrong folder I was moving to my external hardrive. I used this program and I got them back.

What I described is not exactly your problem but I did lose files and recovered most of them with this.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 5:57 PM   #3

Bad link............:?:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 23, 2005, 6:15 PM   #4

sorry nooner,

Here it is..

go to download which is at the top of page and I use the Smart recovery program

the page will look the same except you scroll down to hit "I accept" then you will go to the programs for download

I was surprised even after formatting the card always with the camera, of course, I used this and got some files back and some from sessions previous to the last format.

Not 100% but better than nothing at all.

Let me know what you think.
vIZnquest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 29, 2005, 6:13 PM   #5

Were you able to recover your pictures? If not, do you still have them on the SD card?
Bird Lady of Hudson is offline   Reply With Quote