Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:07 PM   #1

This is NOT a squid macro, like some others have posted... actually its a giant radioactive cuddlefish. Rarely seen from the Bonnin Islands. This creature is 60 meters tall, and can walk like a human. Violent, destroys property - especially model airplanes and tanks. The natives call it "Gezora". FZ-1+Oly C210, iso 400, resized, noise reduction... Criticism welcome.

Attached Images

NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:33 PM   #2

Nick 60metres is hard to believe....
Any recipes ;-)
Good shot you need to be well clear of this monster...
boyzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 4:39 PM   #3

lol..Nick thats cool !!!!!
willow1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 5:17 PM   #4

Nick, I've seen other attempts to capture the essence of this elusive creature but none comes close to what you've done. Bravo:!:
nooner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 6:53 PM   #5

Is this a pope mutant or so? :G

Mutated from an alien rogue virus, Gezora quickly established a reign of terror to a small island. The grotesque squid rose from the sea but few times, and murdered several people. Leaving only one to live, but forever scarred with horrible frost burns. It wasn't until its final show of power, was the end of the monster carried out. The natives, along with some members of a Japanese expedition, lured the creature into an open field, doused with gasoline. Then, they cast a torch, turning the ground and animal into a blazing inferno. Gezora's screams were more child than adult, as it fled back into the sea. Unfortunately for it, it was far too late, and the animal was mortally wounded. The ocean took back its flesh and blood, swallowing the dead monster with its watery embrace, but the Amoeba retreated. Casting off its deceased host, in order to find another.

:arrow:http://www.tohokingdom.com/web_pages/kajiu_bios/gezora.htm

Sounds scary aranoid:

Very interresting sunject to take a picture of

greenbaron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 7:33 PM   #6

greenbaron wrote:
Quote:
Is this a pope mutant or so? :G

Mutated from an alien rogue virus, Gezora quickly established a reign of terror to a small island. The grotesque squid rose from the sea but few times, and murdered several people. Leaving only one to live, but forever scarred with horrible frost burns. It wasn't until its final show of power, was the end of the monster carried out. The natives, along with some members of a Japanese expedition, lured the creature into an open field, doused with gasoline. Then, they cast a torch, turning the ground and animal into a blazing inferno. Gezora's screams were more child than adult, as it fled back into the sea. Unfortunately for it, it was far too late, and the animal was mortally wounded. The ocean took back its flesh and blood, swallowing the dead monster with its watery embrace, but the Amoeba retreated. Casting off its deceased host, in order to find another.

:arrow:*http://www.tohokingdom.com/web_pages/kajiu_bios/gezora.htm

Sounds scary aranoid:

Very interresting sunject to take a picture of
NO! This is NOT the creature from the cheesy (yet wonderful) 70's Japanese sci fi flick, Yog, Monster from Space! http://www.godzilla.stopklatka.pl/yoge.htm which was obviously a guy in a rubber cuddlefish costume! I saw it I tell ya! Really! On the Bonnin Islands! ...with my FZ-1. I had the Oly C210 attached. It was so far away. Far away, far...far, way. See?!? I took it's picture!! Right up there, first post in this thread!!
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 7:58 PM   #7
Fox

Nick, I showed your cuddlefish pic to my two sons, 10yrs and 5yrs old. This has started a debate, Real or Not! This debate is better than T.V.!:G
Although, I must admit I watch little to no TV.

Fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:12 PM   #8

Nick... How did you get a picture of my Mother in Law...:?:G:|

Cool...

bobc
bobc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 8:46 PM   #9

I think you captured the essence of the cuddlefish but the composition is lacking something in balance, perhaps you could stretch the truth a bit by pasting a picture of a Hummer being crushed by it's tentacles.:?:
pschooley1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 25, 2005, 11:18 PM   #10

I'm sure you can prepare a sea food cocktail for all of us!!! :G
msantos is offline   Reply With Quote