Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 4, 2005, 2:57 PM   #1

Walking around all day with the camera, taking 1 or 2 shots every 5 minutes or so.

What uses more power, leaving the camera on the entire time with the EVF, or powering on and off before each set of shots (lots of lens movement)

With my minolta s414 (beautiful pics, but slow) when power save mode activates after a minute, the camera would power off, but not retract the lens, a touch of any button and the camera is on and ready. that made for fast startups because the lens is already out, and low power consumption.

So whats best for the fz15?
And i might as well ask, is there a trick to making the lens stay out when it goes into powersave?
kiwi133 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 4, 2005, 4:30 PM   #2

like your Minolta, you can set the FZ'z to go into standby mode after a period of inactivity, and the displays will go dark to save power; after a longer period, the lens will retract. if you halfpress the shutter while it's in standby, it'll "wake up" and be ready to go in just a second or two. i think you have your choice of 2 or 5 minutes of inactivity before the camera goes to sleep. check your manual, or go into the menu and look for the power-save options...
squirl033 is offline   Reply With Quote