Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 15, 2005, 4:56 AM   #21

Yes I know that. But i'd still would use max zoom :G
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2005, 8:46 AM   #22

NickTrop wrote:
ggw2000 wrote:
Nicktrop, I see that you took this pics across the whole zoom range using the WA lens. Question - do you use the "converter" menu in setup when using the lense? Secondly, I just got my FZ20 today and was looking though the manual some. In the options section it says with the Panasonic WA lens you set it up in the menu and it is only good for 1 to 2X zoom? Do you or someone here know if this is true. Appreciate any help.. Thanks, Gerry
Gerry, sorry if this wasn't clear. The shots were not all taken with the WA lens. Only the last picture was. Most WA's do not do a good job at zoom through. The Raynox is only good for 1-2X before the edges become very soft and blurry. This is probably also true of the Panasonic. The only one I know of that has good zoom through capabilities, is the Raynox DCR 720 (.72X) but it has barrel distortion at the wide end. This is very correctable with PS plugins like Pana Tools (free).

Nick, thanks for the reply! I was really confused on that one:?. Maybe I didn't read your captions well enough as to what lens was being used in each shot.. Gerry

ggw2000 is offline   Reply With Quote