Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 24, 2005, 6:09 PM   #11

BigTBird wrote:
Nick: Also...I have had made very acceptable 11"x14" prints from my FZ-1/2 which I have just sold.* I now have an FZ-15K.* The prints have competed against the guys with the big DSLRs and it held its own with ribbons and $$ won.* I had been led to believe the FZ-1 was capable of only 4"x6" acceptable prints.* Not so...I know I can get good larger prints and that was even without use of the tripod.* * I used Nikon SLRs for about 40 yrs prior to getting the little FZ-1 and it changed my attitude completely.* I no longer have any film cameras.* But I do have my slide scanner so I can continue to work with my 10,000+ slides.* I have portfolios with my 11X14 prints from the film next to the ones from the little digital and no one can tell the difference so far.*
I use the FZ-1 too. The other cams are tempting but every time I print an 8X10, I think, why consider it? I never tried 11X14... did you use interpolation tools to get this large?
NickTrop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 6:30 PM   #12

print services have very good interpolation themselfs. The blow up the photo to 300/600/...dpi (depends on service) before printing
TimvdVelde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 24, 2005, 9:41 PM   #13

As TimV mentioned....I also made my image 300 dpi when sending in to the place that did the prints for me. EZPrints.com. They are beautiful. I format the size to 11x14 at 300 dpi. It works fine. Other than getting them as sharp as possible with USM in Photoshop...that is all I did.
BigTBird is offline   Reply With Quote