Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:16 PM   #1

i'm using the histogram as often as i can and when time permits ..i was wondering if anyone has found any tips or tricks to share with us about using this function..when i use it it does raise my percentive of keepers .
jazzmaster221 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2005, 6:43 PM   #2

Hi Jazz,

I have been using the histogram as I practice my macro work. Using the on board flash I'll take a few pics then review the histogram to see If I need to back off on the flash, try to get a faster shutter speed etc. I usually shoot in aperture priority mode but I could see that in full manual mode it would be very helpful.

As you mentioned you need a little time to work with it. I think that having the histogram live on the camera while talking images will help me "see" better exposure settings with time, so that I will not need to take so long to determine what settings I want to use.

bmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 26, 2005, 7:12 PM   #3

I use it in bright outdoor situations along with the blown highlights feature in review. Helps alot more than just reviewing on the LCD.
RedHouse is offline   Reply With Quote