Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Mar 17, 2005, 10:30 PM   #21

LOL, I'm upset you left me out.
beernutz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 4:36 AM   #22

I sympathize with vancote and am shocked to find that someone ACTUALLY uses manual focus most of the time. I´ve had terrible luck with the manual focus too, and minor issues with an off center focus beam on my fz20.

I´ve come to believe the the "Manual" focus is basically good as a focus lock feature.... that is, you push all the way down for focus assist then you leave it there "locked in focus for the next couple of pics..

BUT I will say Last night as I tried ONCE AGAIN to get the manual focus to work I noticed that, I THINK that the diopter adjustment is not strong enough to compensate for my eyesight! I think that if I keep my glasses on, I might have more succes.

I DO hope I find a happy middle ground because it seems a shame that one of the unique features of this cam becomes more a pain in the butt then a fun thing.
gmosc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2005, 6:34 AM   #23

If your using the EVF, I'd get an eye cup for the FZ20 that will help a lot esp if your wearing specs like me. There are a few that fit straight on - Canon and Nikon, although from my own experience the Nikon ones can come off if you end up yanking the cam out of the bag.

Canon AE1, Nikon Mfr# 2939 or DK10 - approx $3.00 - £3.00 from Jessops (UK) or B&H photovideo.

:arrow: :?
HarjTT is offline   Reply With Quote