Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 3, 2005, 1:55 AM   #11

ride16 wrote:
I've always used Ofoto.com, which I think is now called Kodakgallery.com. You can have different photo albums and send e-mails to friends and family with a link to the website, and last time I checked, they didn't have to sign in to view anything. If they do choose to join, though, you get free pics, so that's kind of nice. I've put photos from trips to Norway and Jamaica on there, and I am planning on putting my wedding photos on there, too. It's not too technical of a sight - really easy to use and fun, too! :G
Ride, came across this while researching sites - It's a news article about an Ofoto customerwhose online photos were all deleted due to small print in the agreement. I thought you should be aware - especially since you mentioned wedding photos!

suze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2005, 7:15 AM   #12

I've gotten tired of fighting the 15 MB size limit on my ISP and have been looking for a hosting site that can handle more than just picture files. I've found that you can't count on the free sites for everything. I am now giving ImageEvent "a shot" (for $25/yr). So far, so good. Easy FTP uploading, they seem to always be adding new support for different types of media, they don't strip the EXIF data of the pictures, they generate the thumbnails that I used in the Osprey post, ...
I haven't tried to work with their tools for albums / etc. yet, but they do seem to have flexible levels of how / who you can let see what.
Does anyone else have any feedback on http://imageevent.com ???
Blue Moon is offline   Reply With Quote