Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 1, 2005, 10:34 AM   #1

I had been searching the internet for a spare battery pack for FZ3 (usually the DMW-BM7), andnoticed that the various websites give very different numbers forits capacity--usually 680 mAh, sometimes 720 or 750, as much as 850 and as little as 500 mAh!

I've also browsed this forum for previous topics, and some posts indicate the BM7 lasts longer than the CGR-S002A that came with the camera, while others say it doesn't last as long.

So, I'm wondering--what's the real capacity of thisbattery, and what is itsperformance compared with thekit battery? Or are there several makers of the BM7 and therefore several capacities?

I ordered one through ebay (US$9.80 from Hong Kong +$7 shipping, sure beats CAD$99.99 at the stores here, if they were even available),but I'm wondering what am I really getting?

pmjwright is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 2, 2005, 7:07 AM   #2

Without knowing exactly which battery your supplier is selling, asking how long they'll run is about like asking "how long is a piece of string?", to which the logical answer is "twice as long as half as long."

I have a pair of Chinese made 680ma batteries branded "PowerMate" -- they seem about the same as the S002 -- same charge time, last about the same per charge, fit perfectly, cost a fraction of the OEM price even though bought from an Australian retailer, would have been even cheaper from HK.
Idle is offline   Reply With Quote