Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 3, 2005, 9:11 PM   #1

I will be ordering my new baby DMC-FZ5 in the morning and I guess I should probably get a bag too. Anyone have any suggestions from their experiences with the FZ3? I would imagine the FZ5 is roughly the same size as the FZ3 right?

Thanks for the help!

soonerfann is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 4, 2005, 7:30 AM   #2

I went to Jessops here in London and frankly could not find any bag that would fit the FZ5 well where you would have space for the other stuff like the lens hood etc. Either the bags are too small or too big

In the end I bough a larger one with enough compartments to carry both the FZ5, lens attachements and other stuff plus a compartment for my Canon digital movie camera...so travelling it is all handy.
But if i take out just the FZ5 I still have no single bag...
I received a bag for it when I bought it but it is too small. Barely closes on top and no room for extra battery, sd cards etc.
Despite Jessops great selection (looks like a hundred bags or so)they seem mostly to be for small cameras or large slr's.
jussiuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 8:50 AM   #3

In wintertime ,i don't use a bag.

My coat has breastpockets,with vertical split.

I don't feel the FZ3.

For the summer i use a cheap bellybag.

edho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 4, 2005, 4:28 PM   #4

This bag perfectly fits my FZ3 with the lens hood in place. It has a zipper and a quick-latch to keep the lid closed and is padded adaquately IMO. There is a small zipper pocket at the front that is large enough for a spare battery, small card reader etc and a small pocket inside under the top for a few other smaller items. You could fit a tele or other lense in the bag but there is no dedicated pocket for it. The supplied strap works great to carry over your shoulder too.
Troy Carter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 2:47 AM   #5

I bought a Samsonite Nikosia DF 30 bag at the same time I ordered my FZ5 (as this is the bag pixmania advertised with the FZ3). This is a very compact case that just about holds the camera. After reading more on this forum I decided I should have the lens adaptor permanently attached together with a filter to protect the lens. I took the camera with me while buying the filter and tried 4 or 5 different bags (most either too small or too large). In the end I decided on a Crumpler bag – Ben's Pizza Small, which seems about the perfect fit for the camera with adaptor and filter. No room for other accessories, but there is a front pouch for spare batteries/SD cards
chalkman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 5, 2005, 4:10 AM   #6

For those of you in the UK, check out: http://www.warehouseexpress.com/

They carry a lot of different brands of bags and the web site has pics and dimensions for most if not all of them. Still, theres a lot to be said fprtakingyour gear to a shop and testing the fit in an actual bag. Lowepro in particular though shows illustrations of "packed" bags to help you visualize.

Just thought I would pass this along as I've bought a few things there and have been quite impressed with the service.
suze is offline   Reply With Quote