Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Panasonic / Leica

Old Apr 8, 2005, 3:55 AM   #1

I've owned my fz-20 for approximatly three months and have been very happy with the package all round, but now it seems I have a serious problem and was hoping someone may be able to clue me into what that problem may be, if it is mendable and how to go about restoring the camera to its original state.

I have found the camera very usefull at football games for the obvious reasons and during the day have had some decent pictures to take home. On Saturday I went to a night game and after alot of fiddling around I couldn't get a decent pictures, under nearly every setting there were different levels of blur which at worst looked like the broken images you may see on a poor digital television signal and at best looked like excessive noise when magnified on either the lcd or evf. I gave and spent the rest of the game hoping the trouble was due to poor performance under the staduim lighting.

Allas, when I got up the next morning and tested my theory, it was all bad news, some settings give a blur, some give the formentioned screen scramble. Flash will change the amount of disturbance but not substantionally. the only clear images I can gain even closely resembling the camera potential are macro pictures and wide angle video.

This is obviously a serious problem, seemingly with the mechanics of the camera, as to the best of my knowledge no harm has been done to either the lens or body of my camera.
Any help in diagnosing the fault would be appreciated, I'm a relative amatuere with this being my first purchase for anything more than happy snaps. Also with you know what the trouble is or have a guess, what would be the next step to take in regards to having the camera fixed, what should I be asking for?

I have also tried restoring the factory settings and the images remain the same on pc...Is this a problem with the image sensor perhaps?

thanks for any advice.
Indie is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 8, 2005, 4:50 AM   #2

It may help to have more details, what setting gives what malfunction, etc.. I'll ask the obvious questions.. Do you have manual focus turned on? Have you tried reformatting the card? Have you tried replacing the card? Do these problems occur on the screen or do they appear when you view the pics with either, the screen or the computer?

jsiladi is offline   Reply With Quote